In the event that you were looking for a quick “yes” or “no” answer to the question posed by the title of this article, you had better look elsewhere. There is no single answer – to determine if Cayman Islands condos are preferable to houses you’ll have to look within.
That is, what are your goals for buying, and why are you looking to buy in the first place? Are you looking to get away from your current living situation for the sunny shores of the Caribbean? If you are, the Cayman Islands are a safe, stable, beautiful place to do so, and a house might be for you.
However, if you are more interested in a home away from home – a place you can go to for vacation or to get away for just a couple of days, then the fact of the matter might place a condo in a more reasonable light than a house, at least for your purposes.
To that end, here are some of the conditions that you should consider, for yourself, to determine whether a condo might offer you more value than a house – and remember, nothing is set in stone. The process of buying property is an involved one, and you might need some help making important decisions along the way.
Here are some of the things you might think of that could tip you off to a condo:
– You don’t want to foot the bigger expense of a house like a single family home.
– The extra land or space isn’t particularly useful to you.
– You won’t live there all the time.
– You don’t want to have to deal with taking care of the grounds.
– You would appreciate some shared amenities, like gyms or a swimming pool.
– You want to move right in and have everything ready for you.
– You want to find the deal available.
– Convenience is more important to you than making adjustments or changes to your property.
– You’re a people person and enjoy community living.
It’s important to remember that this is only a very brief article touching on a subject that constitutes a very important financial life decision. It’s also important to note that not all of these conditions are exclusive to each other. For example, you might be able to save money on the purchase of Cayman Islands condos themselves, but you have to keep in mind that there will be association fees that come along with them.
If you want to probe some of these matters further or just get in touch with a partner and a member of CIREBA that can shed some more light on Cayman Islands real estate, get in touch with Crighton Properties today.
You can learn more about their business and see current listings online at CrightonProperties.com, but your best bet is to get on the phone with them and speak more at length about your current goals and desires. They would be glad to get you on your way to the home of your dreams – whether it’s a luxury beachfront condo or a freestanding house.