Recently updated on October 23rd, 2022 at 07:21 pm
Learn how to resolve “QuickBooks Error 1920: Service QuickBooks Database Manager (QBCFMonitorService) failed to start” when trying to install or update QuickBooks Desktop.
Not only does QuickBooks help in accounting and bookkeeping but also with the overall financial management of the company. Every year a new version of this software is launched with new and upgraded features. Even though it is one of the best accounting software, yet users at times do suffer technical issues. These technical errors can be managed but at times for the more complicated ones you have to seek assistance from the QuickBooks Support service providers.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 1920?
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks desktop
- There are Wrong entries in the registry of your windows
- Virus or malware attack on data files
- System power failure
- Deletion of important system files or registry entry
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920
Use the below-given steps to resolve QuickBooks error 1920.
Solution 1: If you’re trying to install or update QuickBooks desktop
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + S keys
- After that open the Control Panel
- Now choose the Programs and Features option
- Hit a click on Uninstall a Program
- After that pick your QuickBooks Desktop version from the list of installed applications
- Now choose Uninstall/Change choice and follow the on-screen guidance
Step 2: Rename the installation folders
Use Windows Explorer to search and rename every folder locations listed for your version of Windows:
- First of all, go to the installation folders
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialogue box
- Enter the path of the folder and click on the Enter key
- Hit a right-click on the folder and then choose Rename
- Finally, Rename the folder to .OLD
Step 3: Manually Resolve the Errors
- The prime task to do is rename the QuickBooks company file.
- Next, start your QuickBooks Desktop and then open the company file.
- Now on your keyboard press on F2 or Ctrl+1 keys to open the Product Information
- After this track, the path of the company files is listed in the File Data.
Important Note: In case the file name is quite long, it will be displayed with an ellipsis.
- Once done close QuickBooks Desktop
- After this navigate to the company file location
- For Windows 10, 8.1, and 8: Right-click on the Windows key and then select File Explorer
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Right-click on the Windows and then choose the Open Windows Explorer.
- Once done you have to right-click on the file and select the Rename
- After this write the new name of the company files and select on entering. In case, Windows asks you to confirm the action then click on Yes.
Solution 2: If you are deciding to update QB Database Server Manager on the server processor
Use these moves if you do not have QuickBooks on your server. Thou require to share your company file across the network utilizing QBDBMS.
Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, you need to press the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard
- This will open the Run dialog box. Type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter key
- Press OK
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Now Choose Uninstall/Change option and then follow the onscreen instructions
Step 2: Rename the installation folders
If you have additional Intuit apps installed on your computer system, you need to just uninstall or rename the QuickBooks versions folder placed in the Intuit folder: C: \ Program Data \ Intuit.
- Go to the installation folders. Refer to the chart below.
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run command
- Enter (or copy and paste) the location of the folder, and then hit on the Enter key
- Right-click on the folder, then choose Rename
- Rename the folder to .OLD
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Database Manager is a part of the QuickBooks Database File and allows you to share your company files with other systems connected to the same server. Uninstalling and installing the Database Server Manager can help you fix QuickBooks Error 1920. Following are the steps to follow:
- Uninstall QuickBooks Database Service Manager
- Download QuickBooks Database Manager
- Install QuickBooks Database Manager
- Close all open software and applications on your server computer, including QuickBooks
- Open the file (Setup_QuickBooks.exe) you downloaded
- Follow the on-screen prompts
- Select each Custom or Network Options when QuickBooks requires you to select an install option
- Next, choose Next
- Select the best option for your setup (except Express) and press Next
- Both the options install the Database Server Manager
- Choose “I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing” if you want both Databases Server Manager and QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer
- Choose “I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop” if you only need Database Server Manager on your server computer
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Install
- Allow permission when Windows asks for permission
If still the query “QuickBooks database installation error 1920″ does not get fixed after following the above moves then you can try help from the QuickBooks error team. Our accounting expert technicians are available 24/7 to provide you solutions to your problems as well as simple tips to avoid shortly.