QuickBooks is accounting software that is utilized widely for its broad features and quick and proper responses. In another word, QuickBooks is the most liked software among the world’s accountants for any business. When using QuickBooks Point of Sale, the most common QuickBooks POS Error 176109 that is faced is an Invalid product number.
While starting or working QuickBooks POS, a user faces this issue: “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number”.
What is Quickbooks Error 176109?
QuickBooks Point of Sale invalid product number also referred to as QuickBooks Error 176109 is related to an invalid product code or number code. This error message says that the key authentication files are corrupted or missing. The mistake arises when you try to start QuickBooks POS. QuickBooks needs sufficient permission to read and write the files without any interference. If it does not get administrative level permission, then QuickBooks’ point of sale invalid product number is expected to rise.
What Causes the Problem?
Common Causes of this Error can be the following:
The Point of Sale Entitlement folder holds damaged files. 176109 is the error code format that is used by Windows. Furthermore, this error also expects that some authentication files are missing or have been damaged.
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error 176109
Some of the reasons for 176109 error:
- Damaged files in the POS entitlement folder
- A wrong product code has been applied during the installation process of POS.
- If you are not logged into the system as admin.
How to manage with Error 176109: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number?
There are four solutions to this problem. If any of the methods solve your issue, then you need not try a different one.
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the Point of Sale entitlement folder and try
For Windows 8:
- Right-click on the ‘Start‘ key and select ‘File Explorer‘
- Click on ‘View‘ and verify the Hidden items checkbox.
- Go to the left window to ‘C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8′.
- Select all files and ‘Delete‘.
- Now, to register yourself, Open the point of Sale again and complete the process.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Right-click on the “Start” button and open “Windows Explorer“
- Click organize and select the “Folder” option
- Click on “View” and select “Show hidden files“
- Go in the left window to “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8“
- Select all files and ‘Delete‘
- Open POS once again for registration and finish the process.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks POS
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If any error happens, run a repair re-installation on POS
- Verify both the license number and product number
- Open Point of Sale and register.
Solution 3: Delete the entitlement client folder & files
- Open “Windows Explorer” and navigate to: “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.“
- After that Press the “CTRL+A” keys together, on your keyboard.
- Now press the “Delete” button.
- Choose the “Yes” option to confirm the action.
- After that shut down the QuickBooks and restart the system.
- Once the system successfully restarted open your QuickBooks POS application and re-register the application.
Solution 4: Restore the company files
- Open QuickBooks POS, build a new company file. Restore the backup created.
- Open Point of Sale to confirm whether the issue has fixed.
- Register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
I expect these four methods will help you to fix the QuickBooks Invalid Product Number Error 176109. But if your issue is still not fixed, and you want help related to this then you require to contact our QuickBooks POS Experts team for help. We are a team of highly skilled QuickBooks experts provided with state-of-the-art tools and technology to give you a quick and accurate resolution to any QuickBooks-related issue.
Related Searches: Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code, QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number Error 176109, Fix Error Code 176103: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number, Fix QuickBooks Error 176109 (Invalid Product Code or Number), QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number-Error 176109, QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number Error 176109, QuickBooks Error 176109 | QB POS Invalid Product Number, QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Code or Number, How Do I Fix QBPOS Error Code 176109? Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 176109, QuickBooks POS Error Code 176109 – Invalid Product Code, POS Error Code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Number, How to deal with QuickBooks point of sale invalid product code 176109?