A good SEO-friendly homepage is important for any website. Since it is one of the most important landing pages of an online shop, it needs to be both user-friendly and search-friendly. When prospects visit your store’s homepage, they should be able to see at a glance:
- Who are you?
- What products/services are you selling?
- Why should they buy from you?
- How to find the products they are interested in.
So, it is important that you choose a website optimization service from a good agency having exclusive knowledge about it. A good agency has qualified search engine optimization experts who can offer you the best search engine optimization packages for a smooth experience of your users.
To achieve the top ranking objectives you have to follow the homepage SEO process which is divided into two parts.
- User Customization.
- On-page SEO
Let’s start with user-customization. The first thing that should be on your list is fold content optimization. Ensure that this content is visible to users without scrolling down the page. In simple words, when the homepage is filled, what does the user see before touching the vertical scroll bars? The elements required for the ” above the folded material” are:
- Website logo
- Contact information
- Menu options
- Bold heading
- Call to action button
- Link to Account Login or Shopping Cart
The best way to get ideal homepage optimization is to look at some of the most successful eCommerce stores on the internet such as Amazon, Zapos.com, Myntra etc.
Having a responsive website design is a must for users to provide users with a more customized experience on their mobiles.
In this second step, optimize your website’s homepage for search engines. Check the following factors like SEO Marketing Companies USA–
- SSL Secure Website – A secure certificate installed on your server and properly configured is a must for all eCommerce store websites. Having an HTTPS website is good for SEO.
- Home page title – The meta title (60 characters) is important because it gives the search engine a big clue about what your website is and is shown in rich snippets.
- Home page meta description – A decent depiction positively affects the active visitor clicking percentage. Write 160 character descriptions with the words, location and summary of the magnets you are giving.
- The H1 tag — gives another hint to SERPs about H1 page content. Best SEO Consultants in the US recommend using your main keyword as the H1 tag.
- Use of Content and Keywords– Instead of having only image content, convert your banner or call to action link in HTML so that search engine spiders can understand the content. Just keep in mind the content created is unique and stuffed with target keywords.
- Images SEO – To ensure potential buyers buy your products, increase the presence of your online shop and make it highly attractive. Use high definition images, naturally, add fully text and caption keywords to the text, but without having to fill in the keyword to complete your image optimization.
- Structured Data – A pre-defined set of schemas can help the search engines understand the context of your page. If you have an eCommerce store, use structured data to give Google more information about your website and brand. You can generate schema code through Google Structured Data Assistant under the relevant category of your business.
- Footer and what content is included– Last but not least, do not forget the footer of your website. The footer lines on the homepage and all other pages as well. Things to add to your footer according to SEO Services Company:
- Links to the main sections (main categories and pages) of your website.
- Trust logo – PayPal verified, MacAfee, verified, BBB verified etc.
- Contact details – Include your phone number and address and link on your contact page.
- Your logo
- Social media page button
- A way for users to register for an email newsletter