Medical consumables are essential materials for health and medical organizations for providing medical care in a clinic, hospital, or surgical environment. Medical consumables suppliers deliver a wide range of equipment and supplies used in a medical environment daily.
Medical consumables include packaging, tubing, catheters, syringes, needles, sutures, medical gloves, gowns, masks, adhesives, sealants for wound dressing, and many other tools used in hospitals. Let’s look at some of the properties, uses, and applications of necessary and essential medical equipment.
Different types of medical consumables
1. Baby IV Arm boards
IV Arm boards are a type of soft cushion made of foam and an aluminum base. While securing I.V lines, it provides maximum immobilization of the limb. They help to support the leg, heel, and elbow and consist of 3inch Premature Baby Boards with comprehensive fixing tape to hold the board in place securely.
They are used for pediatric patients and monitoring neonatal. As it is highly durable and reliable. Some features of Baby IV Arm boards areas listed below:
it consists of a
- it has a proprietary hydrogel adhesive that offers tremendous skin interaction for high-quality signals.
- It is an easy removal without irritating babies’ skin and has an easy application
- It has Radiolucency, which enables electrodes to stay in place during the x-ray.
- Usually sustains adhesive feature and quality for 3-7 days.
- It is 100% tested and safer.
2. BiteMe – Perioperative Bite Block
BiteMeTM is a soft plastic bite block purposely-designed with air-filled. It helps prevent damage caused by dental trauma and airway device (ETT or LMA) when the patient is anesthetized in the operating theatre or post-anesthetic care unit.
It is placed between the teeth to prevent dental damage at the beginning of the surgeries or treatments. It is also easy to insert and removes as it consists of a tapered distal end, which is bunt and lowers down the risk of oral damage. Here are some advantages of it with making it beneficial for medical use.
- It contains Air and plastic combination, which help to reduce the trauma of teeth during the surgery.
- It includes plastic, which is food graded and safer.
- It is convenient to handle and easy to insert and remove.
- It is used once.
- It is Latex-free.
- It is evident in the mouth.
3. Chemo Mouthpiece Kit
A chemo mouthpiece is used to minimize the painful effect during the chemotherapy. It is more reliable, safe, and easy to handle and reduces the impact of oral mucositis. A person can use it for the whole treatment of one year as made from FDA medical-grade silicone and highly-durable.
Moreover, it limits oral muscosity intensity and minimizes the worst situation of pain during the treatment. It is highly beneficial for patients who deal with dehydration, infections, malnutrition, and many other symptoms that lead to oral mucositis.
4. CLEANPatch® – Mattress Repair Patch
They are useful patches clinically valid that prolong the life duration of the plinths, mattress, wheelchairs, and many ore medical equipment. They have very beneficial for hospital equipment as they are
- They are highly-durable with one-year longevity.
- They are cleanable and can be used for terminal cleaning and daily cleaning of things.
- They are cost-savings due to their durability and reliability.
- Increase the annual savings of the hospitals.
- Easily maintained and repair.
- They are cost-effective and are safer for patients.
5. Clear Plastic Boxes
Clear plastic boxes are also medical consumable, which is comprised of 1mm clear polystyrene. They come in various sizes and shapes and are ideal for presentation, displays, and storage. It has a tight-fitting, which enables to allow reliable stacking without slippage
6. EyePro Occlusion Dressing
Anesthetist has designed a unique dressing design EyePro Occlusion Dressing that maintains eyelid during deep sedation or anesthesia. It helps to protect the eyelid closure from any damage, and it quickly covers the complete eyelid closure.
Moreover, it prevents the eye from drying out and maintains the skin and eyelid moisture. It also reduces the risk of reduces of cross-contamination. Its opaque area helps us to maintain and handle it quickly and minimize eyelid trauma or any eyelash removal during the surgery.
Funnels are made from high-quality polypropylene. It has a fluted design with a smooth straight stem with a 6″ and 4″ diameter. Also, these products are autoclavable.
8. Neonatal Phototherapy Eye Protectors
They are made from soft fabric with biocompatible hydrogel adhesive and is used to treat infantile jaundice. These Neonatal Phototherapy Eye Protectors are headbands easily adjustable and are quiet.
Moreover, they are DEHP free and latex-free. Some benefits of using them for the infant are
- They have a secure fit because of the transparent adhesive hydrogel, which ensures safety.
- It provides a comfortable but snug fit because of the cover, which consists of soft foam padding.
- It is a securing product and can be customized as well.
- It is Latex-free and DEHP-free.
9. Iontophoresis / Hyperhidrosis
Iontophoresis devices are useable for curing and treating hyperhidrosis in the hands, feet, and underarm. An ongoing and pulsed current therapy does it within one device used to treat hand, foot, and underarm sweat.
10. Snap-Lid Containers
Snap Lid Containers comprises FDA approved polypropylene and are highly durable. Snap-Lid containers have a wide range of colors, including natural, white, and brown, and have complete with push-over snap lids. The Brown boxes are useful for the packing of goods that are sensitive to light.
11. Sandrex Disposable Foam Wash Squares
The Sandrex Disposable Foam Wash Squares are wipes of soft fabric and foam helpful for cleaning and the best option for heavy soiling.
12. Unifusor Pressure Infusion Cuffs
Pressure Infusion Cuffs is the distillation of autotransfusion procedures and invasive pressure monitoring. There are different models with different pressure infusers, such as
- Unifusor with aneroid gauge
- Unifusor Classic with piston gauge
- Unifusor Plus reusable that come in various sizes 500cc, 1000cc and 3000cc.
Moreover, they are disposable, reusable, and semi-reusable, depending upon the product’s quality and model.