Every day a lot of websites face malware attacks. Now look at some stats:
- Each week malware infects 1 % of live websites and this report has been given by Security Week. On counting these sites, we find that these are around 18,500,000.
- Every day there are 44 malware attacks on an average site.
- The search engines blacklist around 17 % of these kinds of sites.
- Every day the antivirus software detects a lot of malicious files and these are more than 360,000.
- In 2017 the computers faced a large number of attacks and these attacks were 1,188,728,338 in number.
- It is expected that by 2025 the cyber-crime will cause $10.5 trillion damage to businesses.
Now I am going to describe 12 ways to protect your website from malware.
- Your software needs to remain updated always – The updated web security programs, anti-malware programs, general applications and operating systems are crucial for your site. Sometimes a third party hosts your site. In this case, it is necessary that he uses up-to-date software and he is a reputable host.
- Get protection against SQL attacks – It is important to protect your site from rogue code injection that is injected by hackers. For this, the standard Transact SQL needs to be avoided and parameterized queries need to be used.
- Validate your data two times – A validation of server-side as well as the browser is needed so as to give protection to your subscribers. The data is normally accepted by the form fields. In order to prevent form fields from getting the malicious scripts, it will be better to perform the validation process at least two times.
- Avoid file uploads to the website – If on the server the images or files are uploaded by the users then it is full of risks. It is because the malicious content can be uploaded by hackers during this process. It will be good if for sharing the image and information the users use some other way.
- Maintain a firewall that is robust – Use port 443 and port 80 only for any outside access by using a robust firewall.
- Keep a separate database server – For protecting the digital assets, keeping the web servers and the data in separate servers will be a good idea.
- Use SSL protocol – For maintaining a trusted environment, an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate needs to be purchased by you. This will help in encrypting your site connection and provide security to your site. For getting protection against fraudulent servers, will help you a lot.
- Implement a password policy – The policies of implementing passwords need to be rigorous. The following standards need to be met by the passwords:
- The password needs to be a minimum of 8 characters long.
- It needs to contain one special character, one numeral and one capital letter.
- It is necessary that the dictionary does not contain these words.
- The website security can be stronger if the password is longer.
- Use tools that provide security to your site – For the security of the internet, it is essential to use security tools for your site. You can find paid as well as free options. In order to use the tools comprehensively, use these in the form of SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) models.
- Use a response plan so as to avoid data breach – Sometimes in spite of making attempts to protect your site, a breach in the security systems can occur. In that case, implementing a response plan will be a good idea. This can include IT support personnel’s contact information, server backups and auditing logs.
- Establish a backend activity log system – Track your installations, plugin updates, coding changes, page updates and login attempt so as to find out the malware’s entry point.
For a person who takes interest in getting the services PHP development, it will be good to contact Web Development India. It is a very good company for designing and developing websites.